- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- When and how to use email reminders
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
- Academic Workflows
- Essential software for academic work on a Mac
Scrivener: El progra… on Color-coding scrivenings in… gerbenzaagsma on Cobook is buggy Stephen Chakwin on Macademic on Mac Power Users.… Jessica Jewell on Cobook is buggy rickla on Papers 3: still disappoin…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword Cobook Daylite DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Evernote Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mark Bernstein Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander Tinderbox typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: Papers
I have recently been asked to prepare one of the Oxford Bibliographies. This required sifting through, organizing and annotating a large number of references and so I decided to give Papers 3.0 another try. I have previously been disappointed by various deficiencies of this … Continue reading
Following the disappointments with the recent version of Papers I am trying Sente 6, a competing reference and pdf management software. The initial impression is unfortunately not very good. First, I wanted to email two references to a colleague. Papers can do this through a … Continue reading
I was very optimistic about the most recent build of Papers 3. The company announced some change in file management (which I could not quite understand but decided that any change would be for the better). I have also found … Continue reading
Papers 3 have just graduated from the beta version! Here is a couple of first quick impressions. There is a change in handling of files, which many people intensely discuss here and which is a make-or-break feature for a pdf manager. In … Continue reading
Here are some clarifications concerning handling of documents in the beta version of Papers 3 which I criticize in the previous entry. Responding to my query, Papers 3 staff confirmed that switching on the Dropbox synchronization (a new feature in … Continue reading
NB: Since this entry was written, file management in Papers 3 has improved. Follow further developments in Papers app on Macademic. I have started trying the beta-version of Papers 3, an update of Papers 2, my favorite citation, bibliography and … Continue reading