- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Trying Sente instead of Papers. Two annoying setbacks.
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- When and how to use email reminders
- Ulysses III and TextExpander in teaching
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Academic Workflows
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
Joe on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Dellu on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Dellu on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Frank on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Chris on Trying Sente instead of Papers…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses Ulysses III
Tag Archives: Papers
Following the disappointments with the recent version of Papers I am trying Sente 6, a competing reference and pdf management software. The initial impression is unfortunately not very good. First, I wanted to email two references to a colleague. Papers can do this through a … Continue reading
I was very optimistic about the most recent build of Papers 3. The company announced some change in file management (which I could not quite understand but decided that any change would be for the better). I have also found … Continue reading
Papers 3 have just graduated from the beta version! Here is a couple of first quick impressions. There is a change in handling of files, which many people intensely discuss here and which is a make-or-break feature for a pdf manager. In … Continue reading
Here are some clarifications concerning handling of documents in the beta version of Papers 3 which I criticize in the previous entry. Responding to my query, Papers 3 staff confirmed that switching on the Dropbox synchronization (a new feature in … Continue reading
NB: Since this entry was written, file management in Papers 3 has improved. Follow further developments in Papers app on Macademic. I have started trying the beta-version of Papers 3, an update of Papers 2, my favorite citation, bibliography and … Continue reading
Unfortunately, collaboration in academic writing often causes frustration. Academics are used to think that co-authoring a manuscripts means emailing back and forth Microsoft Word documents with endless “Track Changes” and “Comments” layered on top of each other. Whereas writing is … Continue reading
Ez responded to the post on annotating pdf in Papers with a comment so useful I reworked it, with Ez’ kind permission, in a separate post. It was prompted by John asking about a “simple workflow”: ‘… [to create] referenced notes … Continue reading