- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Searchable PDF annotations: Automating conversion to Skim notes
- Papers 2 is here!
- Academic Workflows
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
- Using Sente and Papers to handle references and bibliographies
- AppleScript BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing Ulysses
Tag Archives: Launchbar
Application launchers like Alfred and LaunchBar are Swiss Army knives of software, but to take full advantage of their flexible power you really need to tweak and customize their settings. The apps aren’t designed for academics, but because they’re so … Continue reading
Effectively handling file attachments is an important part of productive email habits. This post focuses on sending attachments. The attachments you receive are covered in the post on organizing email. The rule number one is to question whether an attachment … Continue reading
This post is the first in the series on practical application of automation to email (Rule 4 of the Five Email Rules). Though I use Apple Mail app, similar tools are available in other fine mail programs such as Gmail (see Gmail … Continue reading