- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- What software do I really need for academic work on Mac?
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- When and how to use email reminders
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- TextExpander for writing recommendation letters
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- LaunchBar vs. Alfred 2
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
Eric on What software do I really need… Michael J Holley on 5 reasons to write your thesis… Aleh Cherp on Papers 3: considerable improve… AC on TextExpander for writing recom… rickla on Ulysses can assign OS X tags a…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical FoxTrot Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway Macpowerusers MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses Ulysses III writing
Tag Archives: iOS
As a follow-up to my earlier post on academic searches on the Mac, here’s an easy way to replicate most of those custom searches on iOS. The key app is Drafts, which recently received a massive update. Among many other … Continue reading
For a few discrete tasks—short bursts of writing, for example, or annotating PDFs—it makes sense to loop iOS devices into a Mac-based workflow. Finally we can add mind-mapping to the list, now that MindNode syncs through iCloud. MindNode Pro, the … Continue reading