- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- LaunchBar vs. Alfred 2
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- When and how to use email reminders
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- Academic Workflows
- One more reason to use Scrivener for thesis writing
- Searchable PDF annotations: Automating conversion to Skim notes
Ulysses III and Text… on Responding to reviewer’s comme… Ulysses III and Text… on Tags or folders? Depends on th… jsay on Papers 3: still disappoin… MK on Papers 3: still disappoin… Danny on Papers 3: still disappoin…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses Ulysses III
Category Archives: Projects
For a few discrete tasks—short bursts of writing, for example, or annotating PDFs—it makes sense to loop iOS devices into a Mac-based workflow. Finally we can add mind-mapping to the list, now that MindNode syncs through iCloud. MindNode Pro, the … Continue reading
One of the five things that should be kept out of OmniFocus are project plans. There are several good reasons for that. OmniFocus is designed to provide an unambiguous list of concrete things that both should and can be done … Continue reading
OmniOutliner is one of my favorite and most frequently used Mac apps. It is indispensable for preparing writing outlines, lectures, talks and project plans. There is plenty of other outlining software (often combined with mind-mapping), but none matches OmniOutliner in … Continue reading