- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- When there is no time for OmniFocus: TaskPaper
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- Papers 3 is here
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Tags or folders? Depends on the file.
- Academic Workflows
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- OS X Mavericks and OpenMeta tags
LRB55 on Papers 3 is here Paul on Papers 3 is here Scott on Papers 3 is here wjr on Papers 3: moving in the wrong… wjr on Papers 3: moving in the wrong…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses
Category Archives: Notes
I must admit I don’t seem to be perfectly happy with what reference manager software have to offer. I am probably unjust and have high expectations. After all, they are ‘reference managers’ and in that sense they are already over-performing. … Continue reading
Following Csaba’s post on Ulysses, I have been trying it for over one month. Somewhat surprisingly, I have used it quite often. For example, for drafting grading rules, evaluating research proposals, writing a report for an Academic Board, preparing a … Continue reading
As a follow-up to my earlier post on academic searches on the Mac, here’s an easy way to replicate most of those custom searches on iOS. The key app is Drafts, which recently received a massive update. Among many other … Continue reading
I often need to write a piece of text between 200 and 2000 words: an abstract of a talk, a blog post or an administrative memo. This is longer and more complicated than an occasional note but much simpler and … Continue reading