- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- Trying Sente instead of Papers. Two annoying setbacks.
- Ulysses III and TextExpander in teaching
- Papers 3: still disappointing
- When and how to use email reminders
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Academic Workflows
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- 5 reasons to write your thesis in Scrivener
Dellu on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Dellu on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Frank on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Chris on Trying Sente instead of Papers… Malcolm on Papers 3: still disappoin…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses Ulysses III
Category Archives: Files
I have recently asked a colleague to share one of her publications with me. I did not hear from her, but after a week or so, while cleaning my @SaneLater box, I discovered an email sent by her from an unfamiliar address and … Continue reading
A nightmare had followed me for decades on both PCs and Mac. I am working on a file and decide that it should be called differently or be placed in a different folder. So I switch to Finder/Explorer, look for … Continue reading
Ez responded to the post on annotating pdf in Papers with a comment so useful I reworked it, with Ez’ kind permission, in a separate post. It was prompted by John asking about a “simple workflow”: ‘… [to create] referenced notes … Continue reading
Until recently, when asked whether Papers provide good annotation tools I would say “not really… but they have other advantages …”. There is no longer need for such an excuse. Papers’ support for document annotation is as good as in their competitor, … Continue reading