- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Searchable PDF annotations: Automating conversion to Skim notes
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
- Three stages of the academic workflow and Mac software
- Academic Workflows
- Papers 2 is here!
- Note taking software part 1: what works and what does not
- AppleScript BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing Ulysses
Category Archives: Email
I must admit that everything I know about Mac has either been directly learned or inspired by Macpowerusers (MPU), a podcast I started listening to about 3 years ago. Recently, MPU had their Episode 100 where they talked, among other things, … Continue reading
In the past, I shared some email rules, habits, techniques and etiquette. What I did not mention was discipline, which is what gives rise to habits. Check this excellent entry on Applying Discipline to Email from Simplicity Is Bliss. It suggests … Continue reading
Among Steve Jobs’ lessons on the beauty of technology and the power of plain writing, one was captured by Lucy Kellaway about a year before his death. It’s on email etiquette and job priorities. Enjoy.