- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Searchable PDF annotations: Automating conversion to Skim notes
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
- Making room for real work
- Try Ulysses for editing Multimarkdown documents
- When there is no time for OmniFocus: TaskPaper
- Papers 2 is here!
- AppleScript BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing Ulysses
Author Archives: Jessica Jewell
One of the best things about using a Mac is getting to use Keynote. It is a powerful and beautiful alternative to working with power point. Keynote has flexible and easy-to-use animations (called “Builds”) and transitions between slides which can … Continue reading
After our entry on figures someone asked for tips on dealing with tables. I write academic articles and my needs are pretty basic, so I have a simple workflow for tables. Design shack has a great entry on designing nice tables … Continue reading
Recently I was sitting next to someone at a conference and he was working on figures for a paper during a session. So far sounds pretty normal. Trouble was he was using microsoft powerpoint…on a Mac. I realized that we … Continue reading
There is a new trend in email writing to send someone a request and then sign it with “Thanks in advance.” or even worse “Thanks in advance!!!“. I find this trend bordering on offensive.