This is a blog about being a more productive academic with a Mac. It explains how to take notes, write, present, email, organize files, schedule, manage projects, tasks and time - in a faster, easier and more entertaining way. Good work habits learned on Mac are irreplaceable on any computer (or even without) – so many posts on this site are about academic productivity in general while most of the remaining contain some Mac tips. Enjoy reading!
- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Academic Workflows
- Three stages of the academic workflow and Mac software
- Overcoming OmniFocus' myopia: OmniOutliner and the yet-to-be-discovered academic planning software
- Using Sente and Papers to handle references and bibliographies
- Papers 2 is here!
- Byword - an ideal tool for plain text writing on a Mac
- AppleScript BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing Ulysses