The introduction of tags in the latest Mac OS has re-ignited the debate on tags vs. folders (e.g. in Mac Power Users episodes 172 and 167). For the last three years, I have consistently used folders for project files and tags for reference files in academic work:
- Never end your email with "Thanks in advance"
- Papers 3: moving in the wrong direction?
- When there is no time for OmniFocus: TaskPaper
- Papers 3 is here
- 5 Typography essentials for academic texts
- When and how to use email reminders
- 5 things to keep out of OmniFocus
- Tags or folders? Depends on the file.
- Captions, cross-references, and lists in Miscrosoft Word
- Academic Workflows
LRB55 on Papers 3 is here Paul on Papers 3 is here Scott on Papers 3 is here wjr on Papers 3: moving in the wrong… wjr on Papers 3: moving in the wrong…
- Alfred AppleScript Brett Terpstra BusyCal Byword DefaultFolderX DevonThink Drafts Dropbox Fantastical Hazel iOS Kaleidoscope Keynote Launchbar literature review lucy kellaway MailActOn MailTags Mavericks Microsoft Word MindNode minimal multimarkdown NValt Nvivo OfficeTime OmniFocus OmniGraffle OmniOutliner OpenMeta OS Pages Papers PDF Expert Pomodoro SaneBox Scrivener Sente Skim TaskPaper text editing TextExpander typography Ulysses